As we watch this disease coronavirus spread across the planet, we might feel alarmed, unsafe, or frightened. As the US government scrambles and ignores science, we might also feel worried about the health of our friends, families, and loved ones. As more challenges arise from political egos and our lack of preparedness, remember: This, too, shall pass.
While moving into this next phase of reality, it’s becoming increasingly important to take responsibility for our states of mind and heart. As we witness the rise in coronavirus statistics, it’s important to realize that these jumps are the result of poor data collection and all the previously uncompiled data finally making its way into the current projections. Thanks to the hard work of doctors and scientists working outside the limited federal government, we are finally on a road to understanding how this virus is functioning and the rate at which we can expect its spread going forward.
While we can never assume how our lives will unfold from day to day, we can each choose to live prayerfully, actively, and full of hope and faith. When there’s fear in our hearts, we might not realize just how beautiful and wonderful our lives are. We might even forget to love.
As we’re bombarded with headlines noting every facet of the world’s pain, consider these loving and healing suggestions, which I hope you’ll find useful!
Keep An Active Mind
Most of us live from our minds. These elusive, temporary constructs can be useful to us. They process information, inspire our creativity, and help us to establish our behavioral patterns. Minds can also be quite dangerous. They can generate our anxieties and feed our fears. They also tend to give rise to our dreamlife, which is not always pleasant or productive. Most of us are at least partial slaves to our minds.
During tragedies and times where we are forced to isolate ourselves. we can uplift our minds, heal and release the past, forgive others, educate ourselves, and explore ways to improve our conditions. During times like these, and frankly, always, it’s our mind that needs direction, not the other way around. Here are a few ways to improve your mental condition and take control of an otherwise unruly dictator. (Yes, I’m speaking about our minds.)
- Learn a new healing technique and share it with others.
- Learn to cook, ferment, jar, and freeze the foods that feel best to you.
- Learn how to create your own medicinals using raw herbs. Making salves, teas, and tinctures is fairly simple and quick. These home remedies will help you to elevate the health and immune systems of yourself and others.
- Read books that help you to feel more loving and uplifted. Share them with others.
- Consider launching a home business and becoming more financially independent.
- Research what’s happening in your community and consider ways you can help.
- Cook for the elderly. Deliver it to their doorstep with a sweet love note.
- Leave excess furniture and other useful items on the curb, with signs that say “FREE!”
- This is a great time to write that novel! (Or at least a cute, little blog.)
- Think positive thoughts and find ways to reawaken yourself when you move into negativity.
- Consider chanting mantras to keep your mind active – and uplifted.
Stay Physically Active And Eat Healthily
Currently, the data around how different age groups are affected by the virus is sketchy. It seems to change on a regular basis. The best all of us can do is to focus on improving our physical bodies and our immune systems. Here are a few suggestions on how you can improve your health and diet:
- Focus on improving your immune system. While Tom Hanks can afford his personal $500,000 ventilator, the rest of us will need to rely on our local hospitals.
- Improve your diet with these superfoods and supplements, including Spirulina, Elderberry, Wheatgrass, Zinc, Vit D, Vit E, multivitamins for your age-group (from Garden of Life and New Chapter), Resveratrol, Moringa, and liver cleansers like Milk Thistle, and other cleansers like Black Currant Seed Oil. You can read my other articles on this site about a variety of helpful, nutritive, and healing herbs, oils, and supplements.
- Continuously improve your diet with whole foods and small portions. For some variety, explore the different food and grocery delivery options in your area. You might find that your favorite boutique grocer is delivering or offering curbside pick-up. Order in small bursts, rather than buying out the store.
- Consume a little less wheat, rice, and sugar, and more greens.
- Consider intermittent fasting.
- Add a comprehensive exercise plan to your routine. Even working out for 20 minutes, three days a week can help you reduce your chances of heart disease.
- Learn Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, otherwise known as Harbhajan Singh Khalsa.
- Steam and strengthen your lungs by adding a few drops of tea tree oil, eucalyptus, and lavender to a bowl of hot water. Place a towel over your head and shoulders, and breathe deeply for 5-10 minutes. This will help you open your bronchial tubes and heal them. This is especially valuable for those of us who have respiratory challenges.
- Withhold your ejaculate (go Tantra!) to give your body a higher vibration, increase your level of energy, and improve your immune system. Do yoga and pranic breathing to sublimate the increase in body heat and help your system continue moving your life energy upwards through your chakras.
- Sign-up for weekly deliveries of fruits and vegetables from local farms. When your order is delivered, wear a mask and gloves when bringing it into the house. Before storing or consuming these items, wash them, and immediately soak them in a vinegar solution. Meanwhile, throw away all packing materials, including egg cartons. Store your eggs in Tupperware. Wash down all surfaces. Wash your hands. You might even consider stripping off your clothes and immediately washing them.
- Buy herbs and learn how to make healing tinctures, salves, teas, and more
Be Friendly, Thoughtful, And Romantic
When we serve others, it’s similar to prayer. This increases our vibration and uplifts all of reality. Practice these sweet ideas in your home and with loved ones:
- Cuddle often.
- Cook together.
- Hold hands.
- Kiss each other’s foreheads ten times!
- Give each other massages.
- Prepare a bath for a loved one. Add some lavender to the water and light some candles!
- Continually nurture each other in thought, word, and deed.
- Meditate on the purity within your hearts. With vulnerable and loving hearts, you can achieve miracles.
- Remember, too, that you are already a miracle. YES!
- Write little love notes, emails, and texts to the people you consider most important in your life.
- Reach out to old friends and tell them how much you love them.
- Build new business relationships and explore the possibilities.
- Talk to your plants and animals. Remember that you are all ONE.
Immerse Yourself In Your Spirituality
While all of the above suggestions can help you improve your conditions, lives, and bodies, it’s your spirituality that’s most effective in helping you evolve and expand. Just the mere thought of God will help you improve your circumstances, bring you closer to knowing yourself, and help you advance toward your most fruitful and joyful potential. Keep God and Love in your mind and heart, always.
Here are a few simple suggestions that will help you improve your vibration and keep you connected to the All-That-Is. Namaste!
- Remember that you are a powerful spirit. With regular positive thoughts and actions, you can keep your vibration elevated and in the bosom of God’s light. Please continue to be hopeful, positive, and loving of yourself and others.
- Add Meditation, Prayer, and Lots of Deep Breathing to your regimen. When we pray for others, the Universe prays for us.
- Sing to the Divine with an open heart. Be wild, bold, and loud! Enjoy this communion!
- Imagine that you are the embodiment of love, connected to all the realms and universes.
- Om into your hands three times and then massage your body from head to toe. The vibration from your Oms will improve your peacefulness and illuminate your physical form. This will help you connect with spirit while improving your immune system.
- Remember that you are vibration more than you are a body.
- Donate (even a tiny bit of money) to the most disenfranchised health organizations. Selflessly serving others increases our vibration and connects us with God, Light, Love, The Eternal Vibration, and The Universe.
- Pray for our politicians and leaders so they may think clearly and be abundantly full of compassion and empathy in all of their interactions and decisions.
- Leave a Thank You note for your mail carrier and package delivery folks. Consider giving them a small bottle of hand sanitizer as a gift.
- Use I LOVE YOU vs LOVE YOU. Personalizing your love in this way improves the connection and further expands all hearts involved.
- Chant mantras like, “Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu,” which means, “May all the beings, in all the Universes, in all the worlds, throughout all the realms, be happy!”
This is a great time to reassess our lives and build stronger, more authentic, interdependent, operational plans for ourselves. You are an infinite, loving Being, and every particle within you is born from stardust. You are literally made of light and stars. This means that the universe is in your bones! As you move through this time, you can honor all of creation by becoming more lovely, thoughtful, and empathic. Rock this time in your life, burst out of prior conditioning, seek your evolution, move beyond your mind, and live in love – YOU GOT THIS!