Every living being is a spiritual being, and we all have magical abilities and gifts. We can step into the other realms with a simple prayer, and we can invoke light, love, and magic at every turn. We are as powerful and aware as we desire.
The idea behind Tarot and other divination tools is to provide clear reflections of our life, relationships, and patterns in the symbology and images on each card. Upon our glance, if we allow ourselves to see correctly, a card’s image and symbols will open subtle doors in our minds and hearts, ones that lead to the answers to our most pressing questions.
“Magical practice offers everyone the opportunity to reinvent themselves from the inside out. Why? Because you are a sorceress who has already created the world you inhabit, whether you realize it or not. Magical practice and tarot give you the tools and opportunities to cultivate, explore, and expand that world, and its boundaries are infinite. Just like you.”
― Sasha Graham
What Is A Tarot Card Reading?
When it first arrived on the scene in the 1500s, Tarot became a favorite playing card game. By the mid-1800s, it developed into a profound divination tool that was used by seers, readers, Kings, Queens, leaders, and families throughout Europe. Today, 3×5” Tarot cards are a standard tool in every healer’s toolkit.
While there are many ways to use Tarot cards, a Tarot Card Reading is one of the most effective pathways to clarity. The process goes something like this:
- Pray over your Tarot deck. Bring your emotions, projections, and questions to the forefront of your mind and heart.
- Keeping these thoughts and feelings in mind, shuffle the cards.
- When you feel you have infused the cards with your vibration and intentions, select between one and seven cards and lay them out in front of you.
- When doing a Tarot card reading for yourself, examine each card and read its description (there’s usually a booklet). This will help you derive helpful hints about your life, patterns, paradigms, and dynamics.
- In Tarot, each card has a unique meaning and value. Try to see the card as a representation of something that you are projecting, embodying, feeling, emanating, or desiring. Specific cards might also represent how other people are influencing your life.
- Do your best to evaluate the emotional, psychological, and spiritual nature of each card so that you can glean the most value from it.
If an Intuitive Tarot Reader, Empath, or Medium is reading for you, he or she will use the cards to open doorways into your spiritual and emotional pathologies. Each symbol in each image will represent a unique piece of information about you.
As the Intuitive Card Reader shares information, you’ll feel seen, heard, alive, and awakened. As your anxiety is dissolved and debris is cleared, you’ll make more harmonious, clear, and specific decisions that will lead to improving your conditions, realities, and relationships.
The best readers are also good at sensing, feeling, and reading the energies of people, groups, locations, and events. Knowing the quality of an overall energy can be a little confronting, but it can help us improve our vibrations, which leads to improved experiences.
What Is A Tarot Card Reading?
An Intuitive Reading is when an Intuitive, Empath, Medium, Psychic or Clairvoyant healer looks into the nature of your soul and compares each aspect of the deeper-you to the physical life that you are living. The best readers and Empaths tend to infuse light and love into every reading, hoping to help you shift negative thinking and patterns into positive ones.
Intuitive readings are AWESOME.
When I do intuitive readings for my clients, I see them as the embodiment of light and love. I desire to help them see that all of the fodder, challenges, emotions, and desires resting atop their souls are temporary. My sincere wish is to help my clients clear debris, change negating patterns and live abundantly in every area of their lives.
In trying to help you clear debris, I sense your feelings, often feeling exactly what you are feeling. This helps me see your patterns, choices, relationships, and potential, all at the same time. Doing so, I can offer advice on a variety of topics and guide you to a loving, proactive, empowered life.
Tarot cards can help Intuitive Readers, Mediums, and Clairvoyant healers like me to step into your sphere and clear the energies so that you can experience rejuvenation and rebirth.
“Fear is dangerous, not the tarot. The Tarot represents the spectrum of the human condition, the good, the evil, the light, and the dark. Do not fear the darker aspects of the human condition. Understand them. The tarot is a storybook about life, about the greatness of human accomplishment, and also the ugliness we are each capable of.”
― Benebell Wen
The Imagery & Symbols Of Tarot
The most helpful question we can ask about Tarot is not “what is this specific Tarot card’s meaning,” rather, it’s “What is this card saying about me and my life and how can it help me improve my ability to love myself, forgive others, and live in abundance?”
Every Tarot card image has obvious and hidden symbols embedded in the artwork. The art of Tarot can be deeply moving and inspiring. With one glance, we might shift a lifetime of emotions and negative patterning.
By meditating on specific symbols and their related attributes, we can improve our understanding of ourselves and free ourselves from habits, attachments, projections, and assumptions.
Tarot card symbols are unique to each deck. Every Tarot card deck is a unique system with exclusive images and symbols, yet there are similarities across many decks.
There are several ways to interpret every image and symbol. Always listen to your gut to determine the most helpful message for your growth and transformation.
Here is a sampling of the most potent symbols and personas found within a few of the Tarot decks available today:
- Fire: Dissolve the old Self, Release negativity, Cautiousness
- Light: Awareness, Potential, Healthy passion
- Sword/Hammer/Tool: Forthcoming changes or confrontations, Courage, Decision time, Completion
- Blood: Family, deception, unruly passion, untempered masculinity, bonds
- Chalice, Cup or Fountain: Ambition, Purpose, Drive, Desire, Love, Potential
- Pentacle: Earth, Money, Health, Land, Business, Ambition, Career
- Water/Moon/Ocean/Rain: Unexpressed feelings and emotions, Love and relationships, Creativity, Intimacy, Femininity, Reflection, Possibilities, Relaxed
- Ice: Separation, Closed heart, and mind, Completion of lessons, Solitude
- Tree: Rebirth, Healing, Expansion, Connectedness
- Knight: Courage, Loyalty, Maturation, Bold action, Relentless commitment
- King, Emperor, Empress: Sovereignty, Leadership, Decisiveness, Achievement, Success
- Queen: Love, Light, Compassion, Empathy, Active care of others
- Fool: Naive, Youthful, Trusting, Vulnerable
- Angels: Listening to the Divine, Be careful and critical, Meditate, Find your inspiration
Colors have an equally important influence on our lives. Here are a few colors with their corresponding spiritual significance:
- Black: Protection, Something is missing in the equation, Illness, Stay alert, Death of materialistic tendencies
- Red: Power, Groundedness, Passion, Anger, Security
- Pink: Love, Femininity, Forgiveness, Generosity, Compassion
- Green: Healing, Union, Harmony, Commitment, Empathy
- Orange: Self Esteem, Joyfulness, Optimism, Abundance, Creativity
- Gold: Spiritual Achievement, Spiritual Gifts, Protection, Mastery, Divine blessings
- Blue: Spoken and inner communication, Self-expressiveness, Trust, Sadness, Peacefulness, Lightness of being
- Purple: Psychic gifts, Passion, Intuition, Spiritual devotion, Reason, Spirituality
- White: Purity, Connection to the Higher Self, Rebirth, Divine aspirations, Death of the ego
The numbers in Tarot cards can point to something helpful or unique about us. Here is how you might interpret the numbers one to ten in your next Tarot card reading:
- One: Completion, Oneness, Togetherness, Relationship to Self, Non-duality
- Two: Partnership, Duality, Equanimity, Balance, Choices
- Three: Sacredness, Creativity, Expansiveness
- Four: Growth, Stability, Constructs, Structure, Longevity
- Five: Growth, Complexity, Time for patience
- Six: Humanity, Being grounded, Harmony, Physical pleasure
- Seven: Spiritual growth, Self-realization, Manifestation
- Eight: Fulfillment, Accomplishment, Subtle understandings
- Nine: Spiritual gifts, Rebirth, Rejuvenation, Humility
- Ten: Conclusion, Enlightenment, Temperance
It might be helpful to know that every large number boils down to a number between one and nine. Even 123,456 can be boiled down by adding the separate digits together like this: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 21 = 3. Keep this in mind for birthdays, home addresses and phone numbers. Being aware of the vibration of specific digits can help us make more vibrationally evolved decisions.
In all things Tarot, make sure that your reading concludes with a positive set of ideas and actions. Ideally, each reading you experience, either from yourself or another, will provide you with something specific to consider. Whatever you choose to focus on from your reading, always select at least one image or concept that is vibrationally uplifting. When we meditate on the rose, we become the rose.
“Here is one reason I think we always need new tarot decks being created. I think of tarot decks as similar to myths, and so I think this quote applies: ‘Myths are so intimately bound to culture, time, and place that unless the symbols, the metaphors, are kept alive by constant recreation through the arts, the life just slips away from them.’ – Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth.”
― Barbara Moore
Personal Empowerment Through Tarot
The more we use Tarot to reveal our authenticity and secrets, the more we can create free-flowing, authentic, and empowered lives. Even the subtlest assumption or secret can have an impact on our lives. Use Tarot to clear the negating abstractions and confusion in your life, relationships, and business. Doing so, you can make room for more light. Paul’s cards are awesome – check em out HERE.