The 108 Names Of The Divine Mother
THE 108 NAMES OF THE DIVINE MOTHER BY AMMA
1. Om purna-bramha-svarupinyai namah
Adorations to Amma, who is the complete manifestation of the Absolute Truth (Brahman).
2. Om saccidananda murttaye namah
… who is existence, knowledge and bliss embodied.
3. Om atma-ramagraganyayai namah
… who is supreme among those who revel in the inner Self
4. Om yoga-linantaratmane namah
… whose inner Self (pure mind) is merged in Yoga (the union of the Individual Self with Brahman).
5. Om antar-mukha-svabhavayai namah
… who is inwardly drawn by Her very nature.
6. Om turya-tunga-sthlijjuse namah
… who dwells in the top-most plane of consciousness known as ‘turya’
7. Om prabha-mandala-vitayai namah
… who is totally surrounded by divine light.
8. Om durasada-mahaujase namah
… whose greatness is usurpassable.
9. Om tyakta-dig-vastu-kaladi-sarvavacceda-rasaye namah
… who has risen above all the limitations of space, matter, and time.
…who is devoid of all kinds of differences (‘differences’ as usually seen among the same species, between different, species, and within one and the same individual).
11. Om-vani-buddhi-vimrgyayai namah
… whom speech and intellect cannot apprehend.
12. Om-sasvad-avyakta-vartmane namah
… whose path is eternally undefined.
13. Om nama-rupadi-sunyayai namah
… who is devoid of name and form.
14. Om sunya-kalpa-vibhutaye namah
… to whom the yogic powers are of no importance (like the whole world is unimportant when in dissolution).
15. Om sadaisvarya-samudrayai namah
… who has the auspicious marks of the six godly qualities (aisvarya: affluence; virya: valour; yasas: fame; sri: auspiciousness; jnanam:knowledge; vairagya: dispassion).
16. Om duri-krta-sad-urmaye namah
… who is devoid of the six modifications of life (birth, existence, growth, change or evolution, degeneration, destruction).
17. Om nitya-prabuddha-samsuddha-nirmuktatma-prabhamuce namah
… who is emanating the light of the Self, which is eternal, conscious, pure, and free.
18. Om karunyakula-cittayai namah
… whose heart is full of mercy.
19. Om tyakta-yoga-susuptaye namah
… who has given up the yogic sleep.
20. Om kerala-ksmavatirnayai namah
…who has incarnated in the land of Kerala.
21. Om manusa -stri-vapurbhrte namah
…who has a feminine body.
22. Om dharmistha-sugunanda damayanti-svayam-bhuve namah
… who has incarnated of Her own will as the daughter of the virtuous Sugunananda and Damayanti.
23. Om mata-pitr-ciracirna-punya-pura-phalatmane namah
… who was born to Her parents as a result of their many virtuous deeds over many lives.
24. Om nissabda-janani-garbha-nirgamatbhuta-karmane namah
… who did the miraculous deed of keeping silence when She came out of Her mother’s womb.
25.Om kali-sri-krsna-sankasa-komala-syamala-tvise namah
… who has the beautiful dark complexion reminiscent of Kali and Krishna.
26. Om cira-nasta punar-labdha-bhargave-ksetra-sampade namah
… who is the wealth (treasure) of Kerela (land of Bhargava, an incarnation), lost for a long time and now regained.
27. Om mrta-praya-bhrgu-kserta punar-uddhita-tejase namah
…who is the life of the land of Kerala which was almost dying and now resurrected.
28. Om sausilyadi-gunakrsta-jangama-sthavaralaye namah
… who by Her noble qualities, like good behavior etc., attracts the whole creation.
29.Om manusya-mrga-paksyadi sarva-samsevitanghraye namah
… whose feet are served by humans, animals, birds, and all others.
30. Om naisargika-daya-tirth-snana-klinnantar’ atmane namah
… whose inner Self is always bathing in the holy river of mercy.
31. Om daridra-janata-hasta-samarpita nijandhase namah
… who offered Her own food to the poor.
32. Om anya-vaktra-pra-bhuktanna purita-sviya-kuksaye namah
… whose stomach becomes full when others have their meals.
33. Om samprapta-sarva-bhutatma svatma sattanubhutaye namah
… who attained the experience that Her Self is one with the Self of all beings.
34. Om asisksita-svayam-svanta-sphurat-krsna-vibhutaye namah
… who knew all about Krishna without being taught. (In whose mind dawned all the godly qualities of Krishna).
35. Om acchinna-madhurodara krsna-lilanusandhaye namah
… who continuously contemplated on the sweet sports of Lord Krishna
36. Om nandatmaja-mukhaloka nityokan thita cetase namah
… whose mind ever craves to see the face of the Son of Nanda (Krishna).
37. Om govinda viprayogadhi-dava-dagdantar’atmane namah
… whose mind was burning in the fire of agony of the separation from Govinda (Krishna).
38. Om viyoga-soka-sammurccha-muhur-patita varsmane namah
… who often fell down unconscious, due to the grief of non-union with Krishna.
39. Om sarameyadi vihita-susrusa-labdha-buddhaye namah
… who regained consciousness by the proper nursing given by dogs and other animals.
40. Om prema-bhankti balakrsta-pradur-bhavita sargine namah
… whose supreme love drew Krishna by force, as it were, to manifest Himself before Her.
41. Om Krsna-loka mahahlada-dhvasta sokantar’atmane namah
… whose mind was relieved of its agony by the immense joy of the vision of Krishna.
42. Om Kanci-candraka-manjira vamsi sobhi svabhu-drse namah
… who had the vision of the shining form of Krishna, with golden ornaments such as girdles, anklets, peacock feather, and flute.
43. Om sarvatrika risikesa sannidhya lahari-sprse namah
… who felt the all pervading presence of Hrisikesa (another name of Krishna meaning one who has conquered all the senses).
44. Om susmera-tan mukhaloka vi-smerotphulla-drstaye namah
… whose eyes remained wide open with the joy on beholding the smiling face (of Krishna).
45. Om tat-kanti-yamuna-sparsa-hrsta romanga-yastaye namah
… whose hair stood on end when She touched the river of His beauty.
46. Om apratiksita samprapta-devi-rupopalabdhaye namah
… who had an unexpected vision of the Divine Mother.
47. Om pani-padma svapadvina sobhaman’ambikadrse namah
… who had the vision of the Divine Mother holding the veena in Her lotus hand.
48. Om devi sadyas-tirodhana tapa-vyathita-cetase namah
… whose heart was burnt in the fire of soma on the Divine Mother’s sudden disappearance.
49. Om dina-rodana-nir-dhosa-dirna-dikkarna-vartmane namah
… whose sorrowful wailing was rending the ears of the four quarters.
50. Om tyaktanna-pana nidradi-sarva-daihika-dharmane namah
… who gave up all bodily activities like eating, drinking, sleeping, etc.
51. Om kuraradi-samanita-bhaksya-posita-varsmane namah
… whose body was nourished by food brought by birds and other animals.
52. Om vina-nisyanti-sangita-lalita-sruti-nalaye namah
… whose ears became filled by the waves of divine melodies emanating from the veena (in the hands of the Divine Mother).
53. Om apara-paramananda lahari-magna-cetase namah
… whose mind was merged in the intoxicating, limitless, supreme bliss.
54. Om candika-bhikarakara darsanalabdha-sarmane namah
… whose mind was filled with peace by the vision of the terrible form of the Divine Mother (Chandika).
55. Om santa-supamrtajhari-parana nirvrtatmane namah
… who was filled with ecstasy drinking from the ambrosial river of the blissful aspect (of the Divine Mother).
56. Om sarada-smarakasesa-svabhava-guna-sampade namah
… whose nature and qualities remind us of Sri Sarada Devi.
57. Om prati-bimbita-candreya-saradobhaya-murttaye namah
… in whom is reflected the dual form of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi.
58. Om tannadakabhinayana-nitya-rangayitatmane namah
… in whom we see the play of these two re-enacted.
59. Om candreya-sarada-keli-kallolita sudhabdhaye namah
… who is the ocean of ambrosia in which the waves of the various plays of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Sarada Devi arise.
60. Om uttejita-bhrgu-ksetra-divya-samskara-rasaye namah
… who has enhanced the divine potentialities of Kerela.
join to post
61. Om bhuyah-pratyavaruddharsa-divya-samskara-rasaye namah
… who has re-established the eternal, divine values enunciated by the rishis.
62. Om aprakrtat-bhutananda-kalyana-guna-sindhave namah
… who is an ocean of divine qualities which are natural, wondrous, infinite.
63. Om aisvarya-virya-kirti-sri-jnana-vairagya-vesmane namah
… who is the embodiment of aisvarya (rulership), virya (valor), kirti (fame), sri (auspiciousness), jnana (knowledge), and vairagya (dispassion). [Six characteristics of divine personification.]
64. Om upatta-bala-gopala vesa-bhusa-vibhutaye namah
… who assumed the form and qualities of Bala Gopala (the child Krishna).
65. Om smera-snigdha-kadaksayai namah
… whose glances are most sweet and loving.
66. Om svairadyusita-vedaye namah
… who leads her programs playfully on the dais.
67. Om pincha-kundala-manjira vamsika kinkini-bhrte namah
… who wore all the ornaments, the peacock feather, the earrings, the anklets, and the flute, like Krishna.
68. Om bhakta-lokakhila-bhista purana prinanecchave namah
… who is keen to please the world of devotees by fulfilling all their desires.
69. Om pitharudha-mahadevi-bhava-bhasvara-murttaye namah
… who in the mood of the Great Divine Mother, seated on the pitha (Divine seat), looks divinely resplendent.
70. Om bhusan’ambara-vesa-sri dipya-manamga-yastaye namah
… whose entire body shines, adorned by ornaments and unique dress like that of the Divine Mother.
71. Om suprasanna-mukhombhoja-varabhayada panaye namah
… who has a bright, beaming face, as beautiful as a lotus flower, and who holds Her hand in the posture of blessing.
72. Om kirita-rasanakarna-pura-svarna-padi-bhrte namah
… who wears all the various gold ornaments and the crown, like the Divine Mother.
73. Om jivha-lidha-maha-rogi-bibhatsa vrnita-tvace namah
… who licks with Her tongue the festering ulcers of people stricken with terrible diseases.
74. Om tvag-roga-dhvamsa-nisnata gaurangapara murttaye namah
… who, like Sri Chaitanya, is adept in removing skin diseases.
75. Om steya-himsa-surapana-dyasesadharma-vidvise namah
… who strongly disapproves of bad qualities like stealing, injuring others, using intoxicants, etc.
76. Om tyaga-vairagya-maitryadi-sarva sadvasana puse namah
… who encourages the cultivation of good qualities, like renunciation, dispassion, love, etc.
77. Om padasrita-manorudha-dussamskara-rahomuse namah
… who steals away all the bad tendencies from the hearts of those who have taken refuge in Her Lotus Feet.
78. Om prema-bhakti-sudhasikta-sadhu-citta-guhajjuse namah
… who resides in the cave of the hearts of the pious that are drenched with the nectar of devotion.
79. Om sudhamani maha-namane namah
… who has the great name Sudhamani.
80. Om subhasita sudha-muce namah
… whose speech is as sweet as ambrosia
81. Om amrtananada-mayyakhya-janakarna-puta-sprse namah
…whose Name, as Amritanandamayi, resounds all over the world (reaching the ears of the masses).
… who is indifferent to the offerings by vain and worldly people.
83. Om namrarpita-bhubhuksave namah
… who accepts the food offered by devotees with humility.
84. Om utsrsta-bhogi-samgayai namah
… who is disinclined to be in the company of pleasure seekers.
85. Om yogi-samga-riramsave namah
… who cherishes the company of yogis.
86. Om abhinandita-danadi-subha-karma-bhivrddhaye namah
… who encourages good actions like charity, etc.
87. Om abhivandita nissesa sthira-jamgama srstaye namah
… who is worshiped by the sentient and insentient beings of the world.
88. Om protsahita brahma-vidya sampradaya-pravrttaye namah
… who encourages the learning of Brahmavidya, the science of the Absolute through the traditional Guru-disciple lineage.
89. Om punar’asadita-srestha-tapovipinia-vrttaye namah
… who brought back the great way of living of the sages of the forests.
90. Om bhuyo gurukula-vasa-siksanotsuka-medhase namah
… who is keen on re-establishing the ‘gurukula’ way of education.
91. Om aneka-naisthika-bramacari nirmatr-vedhase namah
… who is Mother to many, many life-long brahmacharins.
92. Om sisya-samkramita-sviya-projvalat brahma varcase namah
… who has transmitted Her divine brilliance to Her disciples.
93. Om antevasi-janasesa-cesta-patita drstaye namah
… who watches over all the actions of the disciples.
94. Om mohandha-kara-sancari-loka-nigrahi-rocise namah
… who delights in blessing the worlds, moving like a heavenly light, dispelling the darkness.
95. Om tamah-klista-mano-vrsta-svaprakasa-subhasise namah
… who sheds the light of Her blessings on the hearts of those suffering in the darkness of ignorance.
96. Om bhakta-suddhanta-ramgastha bhadra-dipa-sikha-tvise namah
… who is the bright flame of the lamp kindled in the pure heart of devotees.
97. Om saprithi-bhukta-bhaktaughanyarpita-sneha-sarpise namah
… who enjoys drinking the ghee (butter) offered by the devotees.
98. Om sisya-varya-sabha-madhya dhyana-yoga vidhitsave namah
… who likes to sit with the disciples in meditation.
99. Om sasvalloka-hitacara-magna dehendriyasave namah
… whose body and senses are always engaged in actions for the good of the world.
100. Om nija-punya-pradananya-papadana-cikirsave namah
… who is happy in exchanging Her own merits with the demerit of others.
101. Om para-svaryapana-sviya naraka-prapti-lipsave namah
… who is happy in exchanging heaven with hell for the relief of others.
102. Om rathotsava-calat-kanya-kumari-martya-murttaye namah
… who is Kanya Kumari (Goddess of Cape Comarin) in human form, as on the occasion of the chariot festival.
103. Om vimo-harnava nirmagna bhrgu-ksetrojjihirsave namah
… who is anxious to uplift the land of Kerala, which is immersed in the ocean of ignorance.
104. Om punassanta-nita-dvaipayana-satkula-tantave namah
… who has extented the great lineage of Sage Ved Vyasa (who took birth in community of fisherfolds).
105. Om veda-sastra puranetihasa-sasvata-bandhave namah
… who is the eternal friend of the vedic knowledge and all other spiritual texts.
106. Om brghu-ksetra-samun-milat-para-daivata-tejase namah
… who is the divine glory of the awakening land of Kerala.
107. Om devyai namah
… who is the Great Divine Mother.
108. Om premamrtanandamayyai nityam namo namah
… who is full of divine love and immortal bliss.
Om Amriteshwaryai Namah
… who is the Goddess of Immortal bliss!
Om Lokah samashta sukhino bhantu
May all beings in all the worlds be happy.
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Om Peace, Peace, Peace
Om Sri Gurubhyo Namah Hari Om!
Paul Wagner is a Consciousness, Life, and Business Coach, and a 5-time EMMY-Award winning writer. He created THE PERSONALITY CARDS, a powerful Oracle and Tarot deck that’s helpful in life, love, and relationships. For years, Paul studied with Lakota elders in the Pecos Wilderness, who nurtured his empathic abilities and taught him the sacred rituals. He has degrees from Boston College in Computer Science and Psychology. Mr. Wagner has lived at ashrams with enlightened masters, including Amma, the Hugging Saint, for whom he’s delivered keynotes at Her worldwide events. Paul tours the world lecturing about personal expansion and spiritual freedom. He lovingly offers intuitive readings and inspirational coaching to help you with self-discovery, decision-making, forgiveness, and business. Book a session with Paul.