Woke Consciousness: A Shutterstock Licensed Image
Are You Woke? Or Are You Full Of It?
By Paul Wagner
There’s a lot of talk and posting about being WOKE. It’s become cliche’, where everyone with a heart or conspiracy theory is now calling themselves WOKE. It’s just a trend and it means nothing.
- Do we become WOKE and awakened when we spew conspiracy theories that we’ve stolen from others, ones where an audio flub begins to define your life?
- Is WOKE all about seeing society and business as always “out to get” us?
- Is WOKE about hating our government and imagining the worst of everyone in it?
- Is it about hating factions of society?
NO to all of these questions.
While the Woke movement seems to focus on these things, to be TRULY WOKE, AWAKE, or AWAKENED is about understanding who you, where you are, where you’re going, and who’s going with you. It’s about knowing your divinity and depth, and being committed to accessing those aspects within ourselves that allow us to feel empowered and aware – and living in this present moment.
- Woke is knowing that you may not have been told the truth about everything.
- Woke is about knowing that your pain and inability to forgive others is far worse than blaming others for their insanity.
- Woke is about forgiving everything, detaching from it all, and focusing on expanding the deepest aspects of ourselves and learning how to truly nurture ourselves.
Being Woke is not about continuously reacting to your government and those who oppose your party of choice. Instead, being WOKE is about being coherent enough to do research so you can defend your position using facts, rather than a memorized ideology.
Being truly AWAKE is not about falling off your bike and then blaming 5G or Bill Gates.
It’s about thinking clearly without influence from an ideology or tending movement.
Being Woke is not about continuously complaining on every social media platform you can find. It’s not about posting hate against every opponent of your imagined thought-ideology. Your ideology is most likely just as flawed. The idea here would be to improve and evolve your ideology until it evaporates. It’s worthless to you because it’s not based on the truth. It’s based on ego, identity, taglines, and reactiveness. The truth is far simpler and allowing.
Being Woke means to understand that the Eternal Consciousness includes every aspect in all of creation, which means that it will need to work itself out, even if it’s bumpy and horrible at times.
If it’s part of consciousness, it’s part of you.
Just because it’s outside of you and uglier than you, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t deserve the space to work itself out. Unless darkness steps forward, it cannot achieve the light. So if something horrible is happening, accept it, just as you would something positive. It’s all the same. Even darkness has a womb filled with light. Being WOKE is about owning your position in life and working with reality to improve upon it, helping where and when you can.
- Being WOKE is not about guilting or shaming yourself and others, it’s about working to rid the world of these things.
- Being truly awake is knowing that all of your anger is about you and your deficiencies.
If you want to be awakened and truly WOKE: work on yourself, improve your attitude, become more loving, deepen your empathy for humankind and suffering, and realize that this reality is nothing but a tiny leaf twirling in the wind. It’s here and then it’s gone. So are we.
Paul Wagner is an Intuitive-Empath, clairvoyant reader, and a 5-time EMMY Award-winning writer. He created “THE PERSONALITY CARDS,” a powerful Oracle-Tarot deck that’s helpful in life, love, and relationships. Paul studied with Lakota elders in the Pecos Wilderness, who nurtured his empathic abilities and taught him the sacred rituals. He has lived at ashrams with enlightened masters, including Amma, the Hugging Saint, for whom he’s delivered keynotes at Her worldwide events. Paul tours the world lecturing on spiritual liberation. He lovingly offers intuitive readings and inspirational coaching to help others with self-discovery, decision-making, healing, and forgiveness. Book a session with Paul: HERE